If you can’t tell, I’ve been into lists lately. I personally think they’re fun, factual and easy to follow. If you do or don’t like them, feel free to shout that out in the comments. I’ll listen
One of my most favorite foods is avocado. I love the creaminess, the color, the texture, everything. If they made avocado butter, I’d spread it on everything (hmm….maybe i’ll work on that…). The neutral taste also allows it to blend well with almost anything.
1. My favorite way to eat avocado is smashed with cream cheese on a bagel or toast. Avocado cream cheese is the bomb.com. It’s extra creamy and totally, 100% delicious. You can either blend it before you spread or put on the cream cheese and then add the avocado.
2. A few months ago, I discovered avocado chocolate pudding. I would highly suggest making this..now. It’s the simplest pudding you’ll ever eat and probably the healthiest too. Simply remove the pit from an avocado and put it in a blender or food processor. Add 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, a drop of milk and blend. You now have creamy delicious pudding packed with healthy fats. There’s nothing better.
3. Obviously guacamole takes the cake too. Smash up an avocado with some diced tomatoes and onions, a squirt of lime juice and enjoy with chips, on top of a sweet potato or straight from the bowl.
4. Remember when I made avocado sauce? I honestly didn’t expect it to be one of my favorite ways to eat this magical fruit (yes, it is a fruit) but it has become one. While I’ve only made it with zucchini noodles, the next move is real ones. I’m sure it will be just as creamy and delicious.
5. Avocado tastes great in salads of all kinds. Arugula? Check. Spinach? Check. Regular ‘ole romaine? Check. It also tastes great with essentially every possible topping from cheese to seeds. Slices of avocado add a small dose of healthy fats to your salad and make it extra delicious.
BONUS: SUSHI. Sushi is not complete without avocado. End of story. Over and out.
What’s your favorite way to eat an avocado?